Monday, May 16, 2011

Seven and Twenty, Here I come!

Today I'm turning 27 years old.  I am really looking forward to this year.  I know this might sound a little crazy, but I feel like this year is really going to turn into an adventure.  I have no idea what all I'm going to be doing this year, but I know that God has a plan, and I'm just along for the ride.  So, to help me experience the adventure, I've decided to borrow from my friend Alyssa's idea.
    May I present my list of 27 things to do from May 16th, 2011 to May 16th, 2012.  I hope to put up pictures of everything that happens.... :)  Maybe.  These are not in any order, except for the first one.  Seemed fitting, considering the rest of the list.

   1 ~ Live to be 28. (I know, I know, seems lame, but I'd hate to not finish the list!)

   2 ~ Finish writing one of my stories. I haven't really picked one out yet, but we'll see! 

   3 ~  Spend more time with God.  
  
   4 ~  Go on a picnic.  

   5 ~ Learn how to water ski on one ski.  I already know how to ski on two skies, and I think it's time I figured out how to do it on one.

   6 ~ Garden more.  I convinced my dad to let me get roses this year for my garden.  I'm really excited to see how they turn out - pictures to come!

   7 ~ Survive Nano and conquer it!  Last year Nano conquered me, but I'm determined to not let that happen again!
        Seven down and only twenty more to go!!!

   8 ~  Go sky diving!

   9 ~ Go on a date.  (Doesn't necessarily have to be with a guy - but that would be cool!)
  
  10 ~ Learn ribbon embroidery.

   11 ~ Finish 1 sewing project.  I have too many unfinished projects, and I want to finish at least one of them.

   12 ~ Be a camp counselor.  My sister is going to camp this summer, and I'm going to be one of the counselors.  I think it'll be interesting, to say the least!

   13 ~ Blog more.  Enough said.

   14 ~  Fly a kite.  And yes, I am really only five. (7-2=5)

Half way there!!!

   15 ~ Go Roller Skating at a rink.  When I was a kid, we used to go roller skating once a month as a home school group.  It was fun.

   16 ~ Go camping.  Doesn't necessarily have to be in a tent!

   17 ~ Go on a road trip out of state.   My friend and I were talking about maybe going to Canada for a weekend road trip.  We only live like 8 hours away, and I've never been there, so why not?

   18 ~ Learn to play guitar.  I have a guitar that lives in the bottom of my closet.  It's time to learn how to play it.

   19 ~ Memorize 1st John.  

   20 ~ Color my hair.

 Twenty down, only seven more to go!

   21 ~  Get a pearl ring or necklace.  More on that to come!  

   22 ~ Jump in a pile of leaves.

   23 ~ Watch the sunrise from a mountain top, and a sunset from the lake.
   24 ~ Make a snow angel.

   25 ~ Learn ballroom dancing.  

 Only two left!!!

   26 ~ Have a girls' party.

   27 ~ Make a list of 100 biographies and classics and read them.  (Okay, so this one might take me a little longer than a year, but we will see how it goes!)
   In His Love,
      Christy

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Very cool list...and when you get to my age, it becomes a "bucket list." LOL May your year be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! I love it! Happy Birthday Rockn'- you know what! I can SO help you with some of these very cool, very fun things to do! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Christy! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the kite. Want to come fly it with me? And even though this is a day after the fact, I will say it again... Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Christy, Happy Birthday to you!!!!

    Sorry couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete