Thursday, October 21, 2010

Knights in Shining Armor...

   Have you ever been in a situation, and all you wanted was someone to come along and help you? Particularly, a knight in shining armor.  Isn't that basically every single girl's dream?  Well, the past few weeks, I've been put in different situations where it would have been nice to have a "knight in shining armor," but I had to make do by myself.  But then on Tuesday, the car died - again.
   I was driving to work, and all of a sudden, it started dinging, and said that the coolant temperature was hot.  I couldn't drive, and quickly pulled the car over to the edge of the road, where it proceeded to die.  It had been a long day already, and I just wanted to cry.  I called my mother, who was driving home with my father, and told her that the car died.  She told my dad, and he said he would come and help me.  And I was sitting there, in my car, just thinking... I don't even recall what exactly I was thinking about, but I was watching all the cars drive right on by, and I was sort of wishing that someone would just stop and see if I was okay.  Did anybody care at all?  And then I was thinking, you know, if this was a story, this would be where the knight in shining armor came in on his white horse and rescued the damsel in distress.  I mean, isn't that the way it should be?  But before I could start to feel frustrated or complain about the state I was in, I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw my dad pull up - in our white pick-up truck, no less!  And it was like God just whispered in my heart, "Who says that there aren't any knights around anymore?"
   I don't know where I would be without my dad and brother around.  Even though my brother is in Germany, he still managed to help me learn how to take the battery out of our van, hook up to the charger and get it fully charged.  They've always taken care of me.  I'm rather glad that my "little" brother is bigger than me - it's rather fun. :)  But anyway, here's to you Daddy, and Luke.  You are my knights in shining armor.  And I thank God for you daily.

   In His Love,
     Christy

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! I am going to cry! Where is my Kleenex? This is so sweet! Hear! Hear! To dad's and brother's our Knights in shining armor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! they really, really are your nights in shining armor! always you have Jesus... and if you read in Revelations Jesus actually rides a horse too & i think it's white too! go read & see... He will Always be your White Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Sometimes he does send us some pretty special white knights in the form of brothers or dads :)

    ReplyDelete