Tuesday, October 23, 2012

News... BIG news...


   So, if you actually read my last blog post, I left a hint of more news than what was in the blog post. But if you didn't, that's okay... I'll still tell you. :)
   I have a secret. Sort of... It isn't really a secret, but neither have I announced it. I've just been enjoying it, but it's time to share it with y'all. I have a Beau. His name is Josh, and we've been getting to know each other for about three months now.
    Now, if you've known me for any length of time, or have been around my blog for awhile, then you know that a few years ago I broke up with my fiance. I went through a lot of trust issues with God after that, and have done a lot of healing these past two years. Earlier this year, I had reached a point where I figured that I was never going to get married, and I was okay with that. I was going to live by myself, with about a half a dozen cats or so, and serve God however I could. But God, once again, had a different plan in mind for me. (Shocking, right? God has a better plan than I do? Who knew? :D)
   So, Details. Because everyone loves knowing the details. :D  My church had a small group for young adults that got together once a week to do a Bible study together. When I got back from Ellerslie, I started going to it again. Josh was in the group, but neither one of us ever really talked to the other person. We had a conversation or two, but nothing major. I had a lot going on, so I didn't make it every week, but I did enjoy it. Then, the group got moved to Wednesday night, and I couldn't go at all since I worked in Kid's Church on Wednesdays. I missed it, but that was okay.
   A few months went by, and in late March/early April, the youth group had a Skate Night as a fundraiser for their mission trip.  I went, and he was there. Since there wasn't anyone else that either of us really knew, we hung out together and chatted. I enjoyed myself, and went home, completely oblivious that God was busy working in his heart.
   A couple more months went by - I joined the worship team, and in early July, I signed up to go on the mission trip to the Netherlands. Then, one Sunday, he showed up to sing in the choir. And then, later that week, there he was at the mission trip meeting. Then, on July 15th, our church had it's annual church picnic, complete with fire truck pulls. Our church never does anything by halves, or the usual way. Instead of tug of war, there was a competition to see which team could pull the fire truck across the finish line the fastest. Since they were in desperate need of women - the team had to consist of 5 guys and 5 girls, no more, no less - I somehow found myself unable to tell Josh no. Then that night, while watching a movie, my phone goes off. I had a Facebook message from him, telling me that he had admired me and my faithfulness and love for God for awhile, and could he have my number so he could get to know me better. After thinking about it and praying about it, I gave him my number. The rest, as they say, is history.
   Now, these past three months have been a bit of a roller coaster, as God has used this to bring many fears that I hadn't realized I had to the surface. I've dealt with fear of rejection, of being left again, of somehow making the wrong decision and messing everything up. And God just keeps on reminding me to trust.  He has the best in mind, and never makes a mistake. Now, don't get me wrong - it's been amazing, and I wouldn't trade these past three months for anything. Josh has been very patient with me as I work through different issues and feelings. This was not what I was expecting would happen in my life right now. But I've come to the realization that life, in and of itself, is one big unexpected experience. And I'm becoming okay with that.
   I'm very happy right now, and we get along really well. We both are actively involved in children's ministries, as well as other areas in our church. My family loves him, and he fits in very well. So, if you think of us, pray for us, as we figure out where God is leading this relationship. We both want this relationship to work, and to bring glory to God, for what other reason is there for our existence except to bring honor and glory to His Name?
   In His Love,
      Christy

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and Josh for the decisions you two are making in your lives. I am especially proud that you two are making this walk together. I love you and your family dearly. Can't wait to see what else God does with you two as a couple.

    Oh, yeah, thanks for making me cry. :)

    Love you, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, Christy!!

    I am just so thrilled for you! Our God is amazing. :D

    I look forward to seeing the next chapter our Jesus scripts in this beautiful story.

    Hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete