Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Chapter In the Life of a Morbid Murderess.... The Flat Prince

Once upon a time... Okay, so it was earlier this week, but you are killing my grove!
   As I was saying, Once upon a time, on a cold and rainy night, a princess was riding home in her scarlet carriage..... Okay, okay, so I was driving home in my car.  But it's a reddish color and a girl can dream, right?  Anyway - quit interrupting my story, Alyssa!  It's my story and I can tell it how I want to.
   As I was saying, a princess - we will call her Jasmine - was going home on a dark and stormy night.  Suddenly, from the edge of the road, she saw him.... coming towards her.  She tried to stop her carriage, but to no avail!  Before Jasmine knew what had happened, she had run over the frog.  "Oh no!" she thought.  "What if that was my Prince Charming?  Does this mean that I'm never going to get married?"  In great distress, she rapidly called her best friend, Rose, and sobbed out the whole tragic tale.  Rose was stunned.  Jasmine and Rose had spent many hours planning their weddings and looking at dresses; discussing character qualities they were interested in and how tall the gentleman had to be.  Was Jasmine's future now ruined?  What to do now?  Neither of them knew, but decided that they would have to get together later on that week to discuss options.
   Poor Jasmine.... Life continued, but she was heartbroken... Was her future really ruined?  She knew you couldn't always trust to magic spells, but it happened before, so why not?  She kept telling herself that not all men got turned into frogs by envious dwarfs.  The weather continued to be dark and tempestuous, just like her soul.  The sun came out occasionally, but always it was quickly swallowed up by the grey and stormy clouds of uncertainty.
  One night, as she was again driving home, she turned on the radio.  Turning it up, she sang along to "My Wish."  As she came around a bend, she saw him standing there, waiting for her.  Her heart jumped into her throat.  "This," she thought, "This is my chance for redemption."  Smiling shyly, she started towards him.  But, before she could get to him, something got in her eye.  Blinking, she tried to get it out of her eye before she got to him.  He couldn't see her like this!  Not when they first met.  Although, when she looked at him, she felt like she had known him all her life.  But, oh no, he moved!  And suddenly, before Marie quite knew what had happened, she heard a thump, thump.  Pulling her car over, (yes, I know, I changed it from carriage to car - be quiet, Alyssa!  If you don't like my story, tell it yourself.  On your own blog!)
Anyway, as I was saying, Jamine pulled her car over.  Getting out of her car, she looked down at the road, and saw him.  The frog was flatter than a pancake.  Pulling out her phone, she rapidly called her friend Rose.  "I did it again!" she sobbed.
"What?  You did what again?" Rose asked, clearly confused.
"I ran over a frog.  He's so flat, you'd need a spatula to scrape him off of the road!"
"You mean, you killed another potential husband??"
"Yes!  I'm a Murderess!  I turn frogs into flat princes!  They should revoke my license and lock me up somewhere!"
"Okay, calm down.  Did the frog say anything to you?"
"He tried... He said, "Tell Rose I've" and then he croaked."
"You killed my prince?" Rose asked in disbelief and started sobbing.  Jasmine climbed back into her car.  Shutting her door, she laid her head on the steering wheel and sobbed.  "I'm so sorry, Rose," she said after a few minutes.
"I know you tried.  But I don't know what to say." Rose said.  "I'll call you tomorrow," she said.  "I need to think this over."
"Okay, but please, don't hate me forever," Jasmine sobbed.  "I don't think I could handle it."
"Oh, dear, I love you." Rose choked out.  "Good bye."
"Good bye," Jasmine said.  Hanging up the phone, she held her head in her hands and just cried.  Suddenly, the stillness was broken by the piercing wail of a siren.  Looking around, Jasmine saw a police car pull up behind her.  Wiping at her eyes, she looked around for a Kleenex.  Quickly blowing her nose, she tried to make herself look decent.  At a gentle knock on her window, she rolled it down.  "Yes, sir, is something wrong?" she asked.
  A young, tall gentleman leaned down and looked at her.  Shining his flashlight into the car he said,  "I was going to ask you the same question, ma'am.  It isn't safe to stay on the edge of the road here.  Too many people take these corners too fast."
  Marie sniffed and wiped at her eyes.  "I'm sorry.  I'll move on."
  "Is there something I can do to help you?" he asked, his dark eyes soft with compassion.
  "I'm afraid not," Jasmine said helplessly.  "I ran over a frog and now my prince is flat." she said, gesturing towards the road.  Turning and pointing his flashlight back down the road, he saw the flattened frog.  "But I'll be okay," Jasmine added, turning her car on.  "That is, unless, you need something else, officer?"
  "I do need your driver's license," he said.  Taking it from her, he took out a notebook and made a few notes.  Handing it back to her, he said, "You can go ma'am.  If we need anything more for the report, someone will be in touch."
  Nodding, she watched him walk back to the car.  Looking over her shoulder for any traffic, she pulled back into the road and headed home.  When she was almost home, her phone rang.
  "Hello, Rose," she said, answering it.  "You okay?"
  "I'll be okay.  You?"
  "Well, a cop showed up.  So who knows, you may have to visit me in some dark dungeon, where I'll be rotting in a dark, damp cell."
  "Oh, you poor thing," Rose said.  "Do you really think you will be arrested?"
  "I don't know," Jasmine said.  "All I know is that I'm feeling morbid, a murderess, and I've flattened two princes this week.

   What's that - does this story ever end?  Well, I don't know.... it only happened this week.  I could end up in a dungeon.  But who knows, I could end up in a small apartment with five cats - a confirmed old maid but the favorite with the children.  :0)   After all, this is only a chapter.  Guess you will have to wait and see what happens to The Morbid Murderess.  Now, if ONLY the police officer really had come to the car....

4 comments:

  1. Christy, I love you. Love the story. Can't wait to here the next chapter! I am still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go right a head, tell your story! :D I know what REALLY HAPPENED!

    I just might have to tell my side on my blog at some point.

    I just can't believe my prince was SO close and yet SO far! It makes me wonder what he could have been doing on the other side of the fair lands we live in! I guess I, too, will be single for awhile as well. Unless this frog was not my prince but a messenger... In his words, "Tell Rose I've....seen her prince, and he is preparing a place for the two of them. It won't be long but he sends his love."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute :o)

    And very enjoyable and funny!

    Poor frogs....I mean Princes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl Christy. You are too funny and creative a dangerous combination!

    I feel sorry for the frogs...what exactly are you going to do now that your prince is dead?

    Have a lovely day with plenty of hope...you never know what is around the corner.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete