Thursday, February 10, 2011

Music Mix-up

Music.... The heart-beat of our lives.... when we can't find what we want to say, a song usually does.  Music touches out hearts, stirs our emotions... it can cause us to weep, or to laugh.  It can make us think, appreciate what we have, encourage us in our daily lives, or just simply bring a smile to our faces.  Music.... To some it might just be a five letter word, but to me, music is so much more...
   I was thinking the other day about some of my favorite songs, and I got an idea for a series.  Every Thursday I will attempt (I say attempt because I have no idea what life is actually going to look like :D ) to post a video of one of my favorite songs, and say a little something about why this song is special to me.  And I invite you all to join in.... Let's mix up the music a bit. 
   I have though long and hard about what the first song should be... The first of anything is usually the hardest part... Once you have something going, it is easy to keep it going.  Anyway, I digress.  I thought about picking a "new" song, but decided that I'd go with one of my old-time favorites:  El Shaddai, sung by Amy Grant.






       El Shaddai has always been on of my favorite songs.  I think I first heard it when I was six or seven, and fell in love with it.   It reminds me of how God is always near, always watching, and yet, at the same time, He is El Shaddai - God Almighty.  Set to beautiful music, this song is a classic, and one that I will always treasure.  I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to hearing your favorite songs!


     In His Love,
         Christy

1 comment:

  1. Yep... good song! didn't know this - but it is written by Michael Card... http://vodpod.com/watch/126707-michael-card-sings-el-shaddai

    ReplyDelete