Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day....


Valentine's Day... A day that is supposed to be spent with your significant other...
    Or, as some are painfully aware... A reminder that one is "lacking" a significant other....
The question is.... how can one person "lack" something if God has seen fit to not allow it?  Can you "lack" a significant other?  This year I have been really challenged in my own heart to open my eyes and look around me... and I've realized a couple of things...
   First - I'm really and truly blessed.  I have a loving mother and father who support me and want me to be all that God wants me to be.  I have wonderful siblings and amazing friends.  Who am I to complain?  Or question where God has me? 
  Second, who knows what tomorrow may bring?  What if I've wasted the time that could have been spent being with and enjoying those who are in my life today and something happens and I don't get a second chance? 
   And lastly, God is Love.  He is my Everything.  Isaiah says, "For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the Lord of hosts; and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, who is called the God of all the earth." (Isaiah 54:5)  If I truly believe that, then I am most definitely not lacking in anything.
   So, today, I just want to encourage you all to love your Heavenly Father.  He always gives good gifts to His children.  And love those who are in your life today.    They may not be there tomorrow....
In His Love,
   Christy

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!! what a wonderful post... yes, i love you & support you & want you to be all that God wants you to be... yesterday a young girl came up to you & gave you a big hug... that warmed my heart... you are investing yourself in her life!!! good job!

    ReplyDelete