Thursday, February 24, 2011

Music Mix-up Post 3

I woke up sick this morning.... The nasty, hateful cold that has been going around my house has decided that I am it's next victim.  I was so tired, I almost forgot that today was Thursday and I had to put a song up.  I had an idea for it the other day, but this morning, I simply couldn't think of anything.  And then, while I was sitting there, trying to remember what song I liked (tells you just about how brain-dead I was!) I remembered that earlier this week I had found my soundtrack to the Feature Film for Families movie "Rigoletto," and had been listening to it almost all week. Making decisions is hard when I don't feel good, but I finally managed to pick one song from it for this week.  So without further ado, may I present to you "The Melody Within," from "Rigoletto."





"The Melody Within," is one of my favorite songs from this movie, the other one being "Let Me In."  I could listen to this song over and over and over.  I first saw this movie at my Aunt Lindann's house when we were visiting her many years ago.  I immediately fell completely in love with "Rigoletto."  It is so much like "Beauty and the Beast," which is another one of my favorites, but more on that at another time. :)  "The Melody Within" is such a moving song, calling to each of us to look beyond the surface of people and listen to their hearts.  Everyone has a song in their soul, and only in Love can one hear it truly.  And, if you listen closely, the second time she sings the song, you can hear "The Curse" in the music.  Such a beautiful combination. :)


In His Love,
      Christy

2 comments:

  1. Great memories. Great movie.

    Miss you guys!

    I'm on Ryan's computer, so I don't know if that is why I can check your blog or if my problem is fixed... (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to watch this movie!

    ReplyDelete