Thursday, March 3, 2011

Music Mix-up Post 4

I started this blog post yesterday morning.  Yesterday was Thursday, which is the day that I'd like to put this post up.  Yesterday was one of those days that nothing went quite the way I had planned.  Except for the fact that I got up on time.... But I'm choosing to believe that God has a plan and His plan is better than my plan.  But anyway, I remembered at almost midnight last night that I hadn't put the blog post up, and I just decided that I'd do it today.  And now is the first time that I've had a chance to do it.  I had to finish writing a paper for my ASL class.  (Which, by the way, I totally owned. Oh, yes.)
   Since last week I put up a song from Rigoletto, I thought I'd do another song from it again.  So, may I present to you "The Curse," from Rigoletto.


"The Curse," is one of my favorite scenes from that movie.  Bonnie, attracted by Ribaldi's singing, snuck into his living room.  After an exchange of heated words, he sang this song.  His song, if you will.  He had let the "curse" make his heart ugly and hard.  We all have something that happens in our lives that changes it forever.  I really think that this song can be a challenge to us - what are we going to do about it?  Do we let it make us hard, or do we let God's love set us free?
   And then, because I totally love this rendition, I decided to add a little clip where both Bonnie and Ribaldi sing their songs together: a beautiful blend of both "The Melody Within," with "The Curse."



Listening to this sends shivers up and down my spine every time I hear it.... I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!  I pray you all have a lovely weekend and keep seeking His Love. 

   In His Love,
       Christy

P.S. I'm going to a ball tomorrow.  Pictures coming soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I just love the last one! Who ever did this clip did a really nice job. The rose with the words of both of them singing at the same time is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete