Friday, March 11, 2011

Music Mix-up Post 5

Alright, so today is Friday.  I know, I know - this is supposed to go up on Thursday, but life seems to keep getting in between me and my computer. :)  I was listening to the radio the other day, and this song just really spoke to my heart.  It has long been a favorite song of mine.  This week's song is "If You Want Me To," by Ginnie Owens.



I have often thought that this song pairs nicely with Psalm 23, which I have been meditating on lately.  It reminds me that even though I don't see it right now, there is hope for tomorrow.  I'm not who I was, and I'm not who I'm going to be.  But as long as I keep looking to God and trusting Him, and keep walking forward, even when I don't feel like I can, I will grow in His strength.  He is never going to leave me alone.  I don't have to face the uncertainty alone, because my King is by my side.  May this song encourage your heart and turn your focus back to Him when you feel alone.

  In His Love,
      Christy

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember when we went to California the 1st time & we went to Focus on the Family? She played the piano at the meeting... and she sang this song... It ministered to my heart then... and still does now... thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete