Thursday, March 31, 2011

Music Mix-up Post 8

This week has been absolutely crazy!  People have been sick and I feel like I haven't hardly been home at all - if it isn't one thing, then it's another.... Anyone else have a week like this?  I've been dealing with a lot of inner contemplations and what not.  God has really been digging into my heart and bringing stuff up that I need to deal with.  Ever had the feeling that maybe you aren't as close to God as you used to be and you aren't quite sure how in the world you ended up so far away?  I've been so tired and worn down.... There have been a couple of songs that have just really ministered to me,  I tried to decide between them, but I'm just too tired to pick one, so I'm going to do them both.  The first one is "First Love," by Avalon.



Returning to how I loved God at first is something that He has really been impressing on my heart these past couple of weeks.  How does one go about doing that?  I've been praying and just asking God to relight the fire.  I remember when I first heard how Jesus came to earth to save us, and how God sent His only Son to save us.  I was four, and I just sat, amazed that Someone loved me enough to die for me.  I was overwhelmed and wanted to spend the rest of my life loving Him back.  And yet, here I am, struggling with trusting God and loving Him.  I know what started it, but I can't blame circumstances for my own choices...   The second song is "Something to Say," by Starfield.





There have been times that I honestly don't know what to pray, or what to say, or what to do...  When it's all I can do is just hold on... And I know that God will not let me go.  I just can't let go of Him, which is something that I can be tempted to do.  Holding on to past behaviors is "easier" than facing them and learning new patterns and beliefs.  The unknown can be so scary and intimidating.
   Reading this post makes it sound like my life is horrible, which isn't the truth at all.  But sometimes it's in the lull that God starts digging up, and right now that's just what is going on.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
    In His Love,
        Christy

1 comment: