Friday, July 29, 2011

Joy and Sorrow... (UBC #28)

Today was the last day of camp. Camp was such a wonderful experience.  A part of me didn't want to come home.  I learned so much while I was there.... Just being in God's presence, and listening to Him was so good.  (I'll have more on all of that later.)
   I was sad to leave, but I had such a fun drive back with my campers.  When I got home, my mom told me some sad news.  A friend of the family's son has in a horrific accident this morning.  Matthew was driving the van and hit a grain truck head on.  He died while they were airlifting him to the hospital in Rochester.
   One never knows when the hour will come.  My brother is in a war zone, and yet Matthew died in a car accident.  Makes me wonder, is what I'm doing going to matter in the long run?  When I leave this earth, will I leave it with relationships broken or mended?  This was just so hard hitting, especially after this past week....
   Tonight, I'm going to hug my siblings... share the computer.... cuddle Sean while we watch a movie.... And thank God that I'm here to spend time with them.  And that they are still here to love on.  And pray for those who no longer have a sibling to love.
   In His Love and with tears,
      Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment