Sunday, July 17, 2011

What If? (UBC #15)

  The theme for my church this year is "What If....?"  What if you changed one thing this year about your walk with God, what would 2012 look like compared to 2010?
   Lately I have been really wrestling with some things, especially now that I've lost my two jobs, and just really trying to understand why it happened.  One night last week, I just said to God, "I don't understand. Why did this happen?"  And clear as a bell, He said, "It isn't for you to ask for understanding, or to ask why.  Instead ask How."
    So.... What if I asked God How He wanted me to live, to love?  And then actually walked it out?  What would my life look like?  How would that change my life and in turn, change the lives of those around me?  What if I walked in love and grace instead of selfishness and indifference?  It won't be easy, that's for sure!  Going against my fleshly nature isn't something I do very well, but I know if I want to grow closer to God, I need to mature.  Honestly, I'd been really struggling with juggling all of the things that I had to take care of, and just asking God what He really wants me to be doing with my life. 
   Now I'm currently jobless, and I don't know exactly what I'm going to be doing.  But I'm okay with that.  And now I can really focus on some things in my life that I need to work on.  And maybe do some of those projects that I haven't had time for.  I'm actually almost excited.  Life is an adventure, and God has the map.  I'll keep you all posted on how the journey is going. 
    In His Love,
       Christy

1 comment: